Thursday, December 5, 2019

Music Video Editing Blog

For editing, we're going to attempt to edit separately. For the commercial editing blog, Aridsondez edited the final version that we turned it. He made the commercial look really interesting so he'll most likely be the one to edit again. But at the same time, I want to try to edit the video in my own ways. Maybe I'll make different types of edits that he might want to use. Although I don't know what software I'm going to download one. For the edits, I'm going to base it off of the type of edits I've seen on social media. I'll try to do cool transitions and overall keep the audience intrigued. But the most important part is keeping the audio in sync with the actual video. Hopefully, I'll be to keep everything together.

I don't think that the transitions will completely take it out of sync. The timing of a certain transition could take up time and throw off the video from the audio. But even if it does it shouldn't be that hard to put it back into sync. It'll actually be easy to put back into sync as all you would have to do is cut off the part that's not in sync. After you do that you can just move the video and it should be in the correct spot. The visual of the entire video will hopefully come out cool. Not only can you do transitions but the filter over the clips matter too. Putting a filter over a part could give it a different vibe. It can also change the saturation of the image. Adding a filter could, for example, make a click like it's from the '90s. It would have a vintage kind of look giving an old-school vibe.

Although, I'm most likely not going to be the one with the video we turn in. For a situation like this, experience really counts. Out of all three of us, Aridsondez has by far the most experience. He even knows how to add the glowing lines around an object in the video. He said it's a long process to do it but he might attempt it anyway. I'm not exactly sure what Quincy is going to do. I'm also not sure of his experience of editing if he has any at all. In class, he's never mentioned anything about it so I'm going to assume he doesn't. I have a good feeling that the video is going to come out well. The clips of recording we have, have a good energy that most artists/rappers have.

No comments:

Post a Comment