Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

My name is Marckins, and I am a 10th-grade student at Fort Lauderdale Highschool. I like to listen to and play music often. I listen to a lot of variety of artist that usually make hip-hop or rap music. My two favorite artists are Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole and personally, I think they're at the top of the rap industry. I play two instruments as well those being guitar and trumpet. I've been playing guitar for an entire decade but the last couple of years I haven't been as consistent. I started playing the trumpet in 7th-grade in school but I'm also in a funeral band. I have other hobbies such as producing a beat on a laptop and playing video games. On this project, I'll be working with the same two people. Quincy and Aridsondez. This final project will hopefully be more fun as we know how each other act and are skilled at.

Throughout this school year, we've done two previous projects, the commercial and the music video. Out of the two projects I definitely enjoyed both but we as students were able to be more free with our recording with the music video. The time that we had to record the commercial was very limited as we had around 90 minutes (one class period) or less to finish everything. Although we were able to get it done, it would've been a lot better if we filmed it at home or a separate location like the music video. The music video was a lot more fun to create as we got to choose what song we used and where we recorded and what we wore. I learned with the commercial that we need to use our time wisely. On the music video, I learned that we need to pick the time for when we record wisely as the first day we recorded the sun went down quicker than we expected. When I think about what I bring to the group, I think that I bring the leadership aspect to it. There are times where Quincy and Aridsondez look at me to make a certain decision. With this trait, it also brings ideas that we might have to implement on the fly to get the projected finished.

A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. This is also known as an elevator pitch and is usually within one sentence. The first pitch idea that we came up with is based on an Iranian war. One day the main character receives mail that states that he’s been drafted to the next world war against Iran and after he forgets government officials knock at his door giving him the option to either fight in the war or go to jail for life. For our second pitch, we thought that we could possibly make a film out of a guy who’s a rapper and is angry at his mentor for murdering his father and he makes an oath to get revenge. Lastly, we thought that it would be cool to make a film about a student and his sensei. The beginning of the film would be a flashback from the sensei fighting his student and losing to him. The student has seen how strong he is and wants to use his power for evil. The sensei gets help from an old friend and realizes that they have to team up and wipe his memory of the martial arts he’s learned. As a group, we’ve decided that our last pitch is more thought out and would be manageable to create.

This is me and my group mates brainstorming different pitch ideas.

And this is me working on the beginning of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment