Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog

The editing for the short film was done by Aridsondez. I know he used the DaVinchi Resolve to edit the movie. Other than that I'm not sure what he did to edit the film. I am aware of what the clips looked like before editing since I recorded most of the movie. I think he did the best in the editing than any of our previous productions. To me, he captured the "purgatory" effect well. He used some sort of filter to make the colors negative or inverted them. Throughout the film, he did that to capture the creepy aspect that purgatory has. He also edited it to keep the audience on the edge of their seats but creating slight panic. Whenever the time came, the voice-overs were there.

While editing the movie, he'd update Quincy and me. It'd be interesting to see the actual process. I'd probably be able to add to the movie since I have a fairly creative mind. Maybe I'll be able to edit the re-edited film. Arisondez he a really good job with the edits. He had a lot of jump-cuts with slight transitions. That's because he used if not all, the majority of the recorded clips. Especially at the beginning, he's establishing the area with a ton of different shots. It was a smart idea to do that because he then incorporated the scary scenes in between them. The process didn't take very long either because he was done editing that same night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment