Thursday, January 7, 2021

Creating The Postcard

Going into making the postcard, I thought it was going to be easy. And it was, but there were little ups and downs. Using Canva it was pretty simple. Similar to other websites, the interface was user-friendly. Meaning that everything was put in your face for usage. There wasn't really anything I had difficulties with. While starting it I wasn't 100% sure on what I was going to do but I didn't stress much. I had a general idea of two pictures I would use for the front and the back. Although other than that I didn't brainstorm beforehand much more. I just kind of went with the flow. 

For inspiration, I'd just look up postcards for films. Or I'd look at the examples given to me. What I noticed was that there was usually a theme. Not having seen the movies, I'd assume it's based on the actual theme of the movie. So some of the postcards would have a bright theme, and some of the theme or have a dark theme. Obviously, there were different kinds of themes in between but I got the general gist. So using all that I absorbed I went into it. I tried to keep it simple and let the movie speak for itself. I edited the website homepage to fit the postcard. I liked the final result of the entire postcard. 

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment