Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Genre Choice for Film

 The genre I chose for my film is drama. Out of the three, I thought could possibly work drama just fit the best. The pitch I created isn't anything that's too unrealistic and the story is what really drives it. In drama films, the story is the main driving point that creates the entire film. The spy film would require more spy film aspects other than an attempt to sneak in. One of the characters in my film is going to try to sneak into a house steal and although this does correlate to spy movies that aspect alone isn't enough. To make my movie a horror film there would need to be way more of a scary feel to it and that's not quite how I imagine the film being. The drama genre fits my pitch the best without having to make many changes to the pitch. I imagine having a scene that's kind of open to the audience's interpretation. The two characters are going to be looking at each other back in forth before one of them decides to let the other go. 

The best way to make this project succeed is in the drama genre in my opinion. There could be no clear protagonist. The story is the main aspect driving the film. And it could all be done in a short time span. Drama is the genre needed to create the film I imagine. It would be cool to maybe add aspects from the other two genres. Still not sure if I'd add horror because it doesn't really fit. Although adding a couple more spy kind of scenes would make the film more engaging. I think under this genre the film will come out great. All that's left to do is begin the filming process. 

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment