Friday, October 16, 2020

Research 9 | The Feature Film

9 as a feature film was a good movie. I personally enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. From the beginning of the movie, I didn't know what was really going on but just based on the setting I knew that the film would be interesting. I liked how we didn't get an immediate explanation of what happened in the world. Instead, Nine is just as confused as the audience at the beginning of the film. When Nine leaves the first room and sees what the world looks like, I'm already curious as to what happens. Throughout the film, the audience is slowly shown each number without any specific order. Although I liked that, when Three and Four were introduced they never said their numbers so while watching you just had to guess who they were. Another thing I noticed around the end of the film is the character design between all the numbers. Each design created by the scientist was different as if he already knew that he'd have exactly nine numbers in total since Nine looks the most refined.

The story developed quite well in my opinion. When One told Nine that they just need to stay safe and wait until the beast died and Nine refused, leading to the death of Two. It made me think that Nine's drive to end the chaos that was occurring was extremely necessary. If Nine didn't try to kill the Beast, who knows how long it would've stayed like that. I liked how the Machine was tied into the story. It showed the backstory of what happened in the world. It shows that the scientist created what ended the world. For his last act to try to save the world he created Nine with the purpose to destroy the Machine. At the end of the film when Seven asked "What happens next?" it really did leave me wondering what next. The rain was a nice touch to the ending that indicates that life can grow again but is the human population going to come back? If not how do Nine and the other numbers repopulate if they do? It'd be interesting to know what happens next.

via Gfycat

No comments:

Post a Comment