Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genres I Would Like to Research

 The kind of movie I imagine my pitch to be would fall under Drama, Spy, or maybe Thriller. The movie wouldn't be that cheerful of a movie. These three genres are more low key kind of. They all share a certain feel that gives suspense. I haven't watched many movies under these three genres so it's going to be interesting. Without having done the research yet I feel like my pitch could be made under one of these genres. The drama aspect comes from the story. The spy aspect comes from the fact that one character is trying to rob another. And the third is kind of a stretch but there is a slight thrill that comes from a sneaky type of film. It may be possible that if shot correctly the film could fall under all three genres well. 

The other genre I thought might fit my pitch was horror. But for a horror film, there would need to be something actually scary. And a lot of the time characters are killed off somehow. That's usually a big indication that the movie is under the horror genre. My pitch could be made into a horror film if altered a little, but the pitch wasn't made under that intention. I want my movie to have the suspense needed without overdoing it. I feel like both drama and thriller would have this but not so much spy. One of these genres is definitely going to be the one I'll use. Although I'm leaning toward drama. But I'm not 100 percent sold on any of them.


via GIPHY

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment