Monday, December 21, 2020

Editing Blog | Relearning the Ropes

 I've done editing before, but I had forgotten basically everything. So at the start it was a little slow but things started coming back to me. Before I could even edit I had to find an editing software. So I asked Aridsondez who edited the film I was apart of creating last year. He suggested Davinchi Resolve which is an advanced editing software. He also suggest Filmora which is a more user friendly software. I decided that I was going to test each one of them before picking which one to go with. To test I'd use a couple clips and so what I could do with each one. I downloaded Davinchi Resolve first so I used that one first. Using the program wasn't too confusing. 

There wasn't things and there still are things that I can't do with it but nothing too complex. I called Aridsondez to tell him that I didn't find it that confusing. He told me that if I'm not struggling too much then I should stick with Davinchi Resolve because it has more to offer compared to Filmora. For the editing process I made a plan. I'm going to put all the different clips in order then go back and edit them. I think while putting them in order I'm going to cut what needs to be cut. Then last time around I'll put the credits onto the film. Adding text onto the screen doesn't seem too difficult and even if I don't know how to do it I could always just look it up. Hopefully everything goes according to plan. Although nothing ever really goes according to plan. 

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment